Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Best Way to Healthy Hair

Healthy hair!
I love my job. It is one that I describe as up front and personal with humans and their whimsical journey through life. So what makes me use a word like "whimsical?" It's the funny naive things that customers say and do as it relates to hair care and hair styling that makes it so whimsical!

For example, I find it funny that many customers really think they have bad hair or no hair. I also find it funny how they will spend more money for products when they already have a supply underneath their bathroom sinks! Lastly, I find it even more funny, when they say they can not do their own hair; when most have never even tried or have been taught. This is where I am at my best!

I love showing people how hair care and hair styling does not have to be costly, intimidating or time consuming. To make hair care easy to digest, I will define hair care as "the act of making time to care for hair via cleansing, stimulating, nourishing and styling." Many people thinks hair care means to either tie it down, pull it into a ponytail, comb it back smooth or simply wash-n-wear and let it go. For the most part, that is the just of it for the sake of time and skill. However, as it relates to the "healthy" part of hair; well there is more. 

More? That is correct, but not a whole lot more. The operative word in this blog is "healthy." To make hair care healthy hair, you have "to do" the act. The acts of getting healthy hair is to actually clean it by way of using the correct shampoo for your hair texture (wavy, kinky, curly, straight and Afro) and type (fine, medium or coarse). Next, you have to use the balls of your fingers with some good old fashioned elbow grease to stimulate your scalp by way of massaging it as you shampoo or massage it. You can also provide stimulation by combing, brushing your hair. Yes, you add certain essential oils to promote blood flow. Blood flow is responsible for nourishing your hair to make it healthy. The last part of healthy hair is creating a style that flows with your image and one that will not promote breakage.  Whew, that wasn't so bad!
Amka, Latin for friend is excellent for all hair types and
is outstanding for color treated hair! 

Keep in mind; styling tools, hair care supplies and hair stylists makes hair look and feel healthy. But the true health of the hair starts with you do the act of caring for it from the inside out as you simultaneously do your part at home to protect your hair care investment.

Rid yourself of those misconceptions in hair care that you either have to pay someone or buy expensive stuff. That is an option for the masses.  For those, like me, who deliberately looks for practical solutions in a busy world; get involved in your hair care and hair styling at home. Wait a while before you re-book another salon appointment, shop online or go into the supply store buying everything hair you see. Please spend some time with your hair. Just as your mechanic gives you tips to extend the life of your car and the doctor gives you tips to maintain your health; your hair stylist can show you few hair care do's and don'ts to preserve and improve the health of your hair. 

In my professional opinion on the best way to healthy hair, is to look in the mirror because the best way to healthy hair is you!
Get involved!

1 comment:

  1. I have very curly hair. I have had way too many bad experiences in hair salons. Yes, I know that my hair is very difficult to cut, due to all the curls, but I am getting tired of it. I need to find some ways to help keep my hair as healthy as possible, so that I don't have to go into a salon to help me out.

    http://houseofbiancodayspa.com/pt-services/hair-salon/

    ReplyDelete